Hello hoopy froods everywhere! Grab your towels and celebrate the glorious wit that was Douglas Adams and the Hitchhikers’ series on this fabulous Towel Day! Take towel selfies and post them on Twitter and Instagram, read bad poetry, pick up one of the books, the TV series or even the movie and consume with a couple of Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters!
There are a few cocktail recipes for an Earth version knocking about. After reading several, I think the easiest to achieve (ie isn’t going to cripple your bank account)is found over at Ficticiously Delicious and goes like this:
- 2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Absinthe
- 1/2 oz Vermouth
- 1/2 oz Cinnamon Whiskey (such as Fireball)
- 1/2 oz Mint Infused Simple Syrup
- 2 oz Club Soda (approximately)
- 1 olive
- Fill a shaker with ice and pour in the Gin, Absinthe, Vermouth, and Cinnamon Whiskey. Give it a couple shakes. Pour into a glass with ice.
- Over the back of a spoon, add the mint syrup to the glass.
- Add a sprinkle of sugar to taste.
- Add the mandatory olive and drink…. but very carefully…
Personally I’d add a slice of lemon as well. The blog author advises to drink carefully as the cocktail is strong. Rather the point, I believe. I do wonder if Douglas based his recipe on less extraterrestrial products and whether this version is close. It’s likely that, if he had, it would have surfaced by now, but one never knows.
Today is also Geek Pride Day, so that’s doubly reason to celebrate! if you’re not a fan of H2G2
get out! there’s loads of other geeky activities to do. Go watch Endgame for the umpteenth time. Grab your friends and play D&D or Star Trek Trivial Pursuit etc. Binge watch your favouritest show. Or just don some cosplay and go take photos in the park.
Whatever you decide to do, however you chose to celebrate this most sacred of geek days, have a good one.